- Licensing of PCR-(Polymerase Chain Reaction)Technology in 16 countries with over 200 contract partners (licenses for laboratory services, licenses for in vitro diagnostic kits, enzyme licenses for research applications, etc.)
- Conclusion of umbrella patent license agreement with the British Department of Health
- Patent enforcement in France, Germany, Italy, The Netherlands, the United Kingdom and Spain
- Strategic alliances in diagnostics business
- Exclusive distribution and license agreements for PCR-Technology
- Expansion of product portfolio via OEM agreements
- Due diligence examination of haematology company in Italy
- Diversification analysis for pharmaceutical company regarding setting up a new business of "Home Health Care"
- Market analysis in ASEAN countries of composite materials end-users
- Business analysis for a pharmaceutical and chemical group in Japan
- Studies on success factors of foreign joint ventures in Japan
- Co-founder in 1984 of ImClone Systems Inc., New York, USA, a public biotechnology company specialized in the development of anticancer therapaeutic agents.
- 1988 founder and managing director of Clonit SpA, Milan, Italy, a biotechnology companies active in the areas of molecular diagnosis and vaccine development.
- Development of in vitro cell fusion techniques for analyzing the mode of hepatitis B virus transmission (Colucci G., Lyons P., Waksal S.W. Production of hepatitis B virus-infected human B cell hybridomas: transmission of the viral genome to normal lymphocytes in cocultures. Virology 164:238-244, 1988).
- Development and assessment of molecular protocols for the prenatal identification of paternity (Lobbiani A., Nocco A., Vedrietti P., Brambati B., Colucci G. Prenatal paternity testing by DNA analysis. Prenatal Diagnosis 11:343-346, 1991)
- Since 1992, design and coordination of pre-clinical and clinica /marketing trials for Roche Diagnostics, especially for quantitative (disease monitoring) assays in the areas of AIDS and viral hepatitis.
- As Head of Diagnostic Sales & Marketing organisation at Becton Dickinson & Company in Japan, achieved a four-fold increase in Sales Revenues and Profitability, over 5 years period,(1987-92)
- As Project Leader Diagnostic Europe successfully acquired and integrate the microbiology business of Hoffmann-La Roche (1992-93) for Becton Dickinson & Company
- As Director of Business Development Europe successfully integrated across Europe the acquisition of Difco Laboratories, USA (1997-98) for Becton Dickinson & Company
- Studies on Japanese working and business culture
- Developed a Market and Diversification analysis in all EC Countries, (in collaboration with LEK Corporation) for Becton Dickinson in 1999 and managed the associated growth plane activity
- As Director of Business Development Europe increased the product portfolio with eight new distribution agreements (1998-99)
- Managed the acquisition and integration of Molecular Diagnostics maker Bioline Diagnostici s.r.l. (Research & Development and Production facilities), into Amplimedical S.p.A.in 2001: achieved a two-fold increase in Sales Revenues over a period of 2 1/2 years, (2001-03)
François de Lacharrière
- Interfacing between private/public research bodies and industrial partners
- Optimization of large intellectual property portfolio at Institut Pasteur via out-licensing
- Biotechnology business start-ups (strategy formulation, market analysis, preparation of business plans, fund raising)
- Collaborative research agreements, in- and out-licenses, toll-manufacturing and distribution agreements
- Lead the teams designing the product portfolio of Roche ' s Diagnostics Division, including clinical chemistry, immunocheminstry, microbiology and blood coagulation reagents for Roche Diagnostics' instrument systems: Centrifichem, COBAS Bio, COBAS Mira, COBAS Integra, COBAS Bact and COBAS Core
- Responsible for running the research and development function involving up to 160 scientific collaborations in the areas of clinical chemistry, immunochemistry, coagulation, microbiology and related instrumentation
- Effectuated technology assessment with respect to new diagnostic analytes in the areas of bone-, cartilage, and joint diseases, cardiovascular diseases, thrombotic diseases, tumor markers and neurology
- Scientific support in contract negotiations and for in-licensing, as well as in the formulation of in-house research and development strategies, both for new reagents and instruments